I know a lot of people think that resolutions are cheesy mc cheeserson, but I love the feel of a new beginning. A fresh start. And the challenge of making a resolution & sticking to it. Committing myself to a change.
2011 brought change. It was a year of transformation & self-discovery for me. I found happiness & love. I found my soul mate. I found my bearings in this new life of single Mamahood. I found an amazing job. I found an awesome apartment. I found life. Real, happy every day, smiling every moment, soaking in the love life.
I am heading into 2012 continuing with this momentum & new found motivation. My resolutions? Some are big. Some are small. But all will aide me in becoming a better person & continuing my constant journey of creating a well rounded Mama.
1. Read 12 books. That's one a month. This month is a dweeby book J gave me to read, The Warded Man. He's super into sci-fi. I thought I'd give him the benefit of the doubt & read a book he chose. He swears it's amazing. He also swore I would
2. In 2011, I lost 60 pounds. I am committing myself to losing the rest & making it to my goal weight this year of 150.
3. I started a 365 project & thanks to the trusty iPhone app, I should have no problem keeping up with it!
4. I am committing myself to this blog all over again. I allowed outside factors to make me retract from things I love, like this blog. Photography, writing. In 2012, I see this blog & my photography growing.
5. Two week rule. J & I have committed to never go more than two weeks without seeing one another. Living three hours away blows, but we can & will make it work. We both have children involved & we both believe that we need to build a strong foundation for them. Two weeks max is the rule.
6. I am the worst about making doctor's appointments for myself. I'll ignore something forever until it becomes a problem. I need to make sure I stay healthy for Collin, so I am promising to make sure I stay on top of myself if I feel sick...& to finally make the appointment to get my aching tooth looked at.
I am going into 2012 the happiest I have ever been. Stronger. Prouder. And best of all? Completely in love. Jacob came into my life and opened this whole new window to me. I have never been in love like this before. And I genuinely, with all of my heart believe I have found my soul mate in him. He makes me a better person & a better Mama. 2012 will be a big year of discovery for us as we navigate this long distance (3 hour drive) relationship & make it work for us & for our kids.
Happiest of new years, babies!