Holly Days: Dialect Vlog Bandwagon

Holly Days has moved!!!

You should be automatically redirected in three seconds. If not, please visit us at
HTTP://WWW.OURHOLLYDAYS.COM
and update your bookmarks! Also, don't forget to become a follower again!

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Dialect Vlog Bandwagon

....I iz on it!

I am having so much fun watching other blog Mamas doing these dialect vlogs, so I decided I needed to man...er, woman up & do one already! Shawntae from A Little King & I was the one who finally ended up making me grow a pair....& I give her a little shout out in the vlog!

This is a fun way to see how everyone pronounces things in different parts of the country. I've placed the meme list below my video, so if you want to participate you can! Let me know in the comments, so I can stop by & watch your vlog!




Aunt, Route, Wash, Oil, Theater, Iron, Salmon, Caramel, Fire, Water, Sure, Data, Ruin, Crayon, Toilet, New Orleans, Pecan, Both, Again, Probably, Spitting Image, Alabama, Lawyer, Coupon, Mayonnaise, Syrup, Pajamas, Caught

  • What is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house?
  • What is the bug that when you touch it, it curls into a ball?
  • What is the bubbly, carbonated drink called?
  • What do you call gym shoes?
  • What do you say to address a group of people?
  • What do you call the kind of spider that has an oval shaped body & extremely long legs?
  • What do you call your grandparents?
  • What do you call the wheeled contraption in which you carry groceries in at the supermarket?
  • What do you call it when the rain falls while the sun is shining?
  • What is the thing you change the TV channel with?

Guess what else, people?!?!?! Holly Days is OFFICIALLY listed on Top Baby Blogs! I am so super freaking excited about this because this is where I found many of my favorite Mama bloggers. I know you've been asked by a million bloggers to vote for them & I know it's annoying, but guess what? I'm going to ask. Please, please? Give me a vote? Also...I consistently vote for many of you guys, so just one measly vote would be nice! Consider it your thank you to me! ;)


Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs



5 comments:

  1. You definatly have a more Michigan Accent I think than a Nevada/west coast type accent. You have the more eastern drawl I call it. I can't beleive you call Pop Pop!!! I thought American's just totally were against that word LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you have a good balance of Nevada and Michigan accent. Pop, of course wins you over for Michigan. In this video I can't really hear your Nevada-ness, but in real life I can pick up on it. Usually with yours and Cortney's names. I think it's the "o" that sounds different.

    This was really fun to watch.

    Our only different words are "coupon". I say q-pon, and "pecan". I say pee-can. haaa! That is actually hilarious when I type it out like that. I think I may start saying pi-cawn.

    There NEEDS to be one more word in this video. Roof. Ok, two more words. Creek. (I say crick)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that's fun!! I'm glad you did this! It was fun to see you on video and hear your voice! And I have to be honest, I don't hear much of an accent, but maybe that's just me! :)
    YAY for vlogs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok... dangit. i'm thinking of doing this now!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your voice :) I need to vlog!

    ReplyDelete