Holly Days: Thirty Days of Me Photo Challenge: Day Ten

Holly Days has moved!!!

You should be automatically redirected in three seconds. If not, please visit us at
HTTP://WWW.OURHOLLYDAYS.COM
and update your bookmarks! Also, don't forget to become a follower again!

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thirty Days of Me Photo Challenge: Day Ten


Mango & Kiwi for life! Hee, hee!

Day Ten
Post a photo of the person you do the most crazy/silly things with. What is it about this person that makes you able to be crazy/silly? What is your most favorite crazy/silly memory with this person?

Maria & I have grown up together. When we met in middle school, our personalities couldn't have been any more different. I was quiet, shy & timid. She was loud, outgoing & never afraid to stand up for a friend. She was the one person who I could come out of my shell with. We were so silly & always doing crazy or stupid things. We could be ourselves with each other & that's what was so special about our relationship. That what is still special about it. 

My favorite, "silly," memory was shorty after I got my driver's license. My Mom asked me to go to the store for some bread. Maria was over (as usual...if I wasn't at her house, she was at mine) & we both looked at each other excitedly. Once in the car, we gushed over how cool it was that we were driving...alone! As soon as we felt we were out of earshot, we blasted my Mom's car stereo as loud as we could & sang our lungs out, giggling the entire thirty second drive to the market. The fact that I was carrying car keys through the store was OMG. SO. COOL. I needed car keys. We were high on freedom & teenage wanderlust. It's a memory & a feeling I've cherished ever since.

Now that we are older, we are much less crazy & silly. We are both Mamas & wives (her a soon to be wife). But we still can be Mango & Kiwi when our kids & husbands aren't looking!

1 comment:

  1. haha! I can SO relate to the first driving alone. haa!

    ReplyDelete