Holly Days: Mom-fessions

Holly Days has moved!!!

You should be automatically redirected in three seconds. If not, please visit us at
HTTP://WWW.OURHOLLYDAYS.COM
and update your bookmarks! Also, don't forget to become a follower again!

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Mom-fessions

Following the example of Render Me Mama, I decided that it was time for me to write my own, "Mom-fessions," blog. None of us are perfect mothers, certainly not I, & we all have our own shortcuts or bad days where we do something OMGSOAWFUL. However, in the larger scale of things, they are trivial & quite funny when you take a step back & really examine the situation. The following are my Mom-fessions for the week.

Collin is officially walking, therefore it was time to purchase a baby gate. When we put Collin in his room for the first time & I saw him playing there quietly like a toddler & not an infant, I cried. Yes, over a baby gate.

Halloween is around the corner, which means lots of scary masks & items in stores. I took Collin to Target the other day & put on a mask to see his reaction. I laughed so hard I nearly peed my pants when I saw him shake & whimper. Way to go, Mom.

Once a baby is crawling, I am pretty big on bathing everyday. They pick up all kinds of dirt on those little legs & knees. This week, I've been so preoccupied with things, I gave Collin a baby wipes bath. Sue me.

This afternoon, I had very good intentions of cleaning & organizing Collin's room. However, Collin's new teeth had other plans & halfway through my cleaning Collin needed a nap. NOWZ. While I was making his bottle, Collin found the scissors I inadvertently left on his dresser. I nearly had a heart attack when I saw him waving them around in the air. (Yes, they were carefully taken away the moment I saw them in his tiny hands.) I should win parent of the year for that one.

There are some weeks where if Collin & I are both alive by Friday, I'm happy. This was one of those weeks. I'm not a bad Mom for giving Collin a wipey bath or scaring him with Halloween items. In fact, these are the things about parenthood that makes it so hard...& so rewarding. It's hard. Hard. So, I think a few mistakes here & there are perfectly normal. As a self-proclaimed perfectionist, this was something I had to learn the hard way. Breathe & let go. No one can do it all, but I can try my hardest.....with a few Mom-fessions along the way.

Oh, & his room......still a mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment