Holly Days: Summer Style

Holly Days has moved!!!

You should be automatically redirected in three seconds. If not, please visit us at
HTTP://WWW.OURHOLLYDAYS.COM
and update your bookmarks! Also, don't forget to become a follower again!

Friday, June 15, 2012

Summer Style


Thanks to Walgreens for underwriting this post. I was paid as a member of the Clever Girls Collective, but the content is all mine. Visit http://www.discoverbeautywithin.com/


In Vegas, Summer is already here. 100 degree days are in full force & my AC has been cranking for weeks now. 

Since the Summer's here are so long & so so so so so HOT, I find myself wearing less & less makeup & lately even no makeup. Because this sister is a sweater. And I don't mean the warm, deer embroidered kind, I mean the don't want to raise your arm to reveal sweat rings in my pits kind.

I'm pretty low maintenance when it comes to my makeup. The drug store is my playground because if I end up hating something? Eh, whatevs, it was cheap anyways. And if I love it? SCORE! It's cheap!

Seriously though, I try everything until I find something that works for me. It's been a lot of trial & error, so I thought I'd share with you my favorite products for my everyday Summer look.

1. DRY SHAMPOO PEOPLE. GET WITH IT! I love this shiz. All kinds. 
2. Nuetrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash, I actually struggle with acne more as an adult than I did as a teenager. And since I wear almost no makeup in Summer, this is a necessity.
3. Bronzer, it's your best friend. Trust me. Especially in the Summer. It gives your face a slightly tanner tint & helps hide any blemishes.
4. Mascara, I just throw on a coat or two & call it a day.
5. Green stuff. That's what I call this. I don't even know the real name for it. It comes in a lipstick-type tube. You slather this stuff on any red marks you have, blend it in with a little foundation & it's MAGICAL. Pimples disappear!!!
6. Blush because....duh. Blush!
7. Lipgloss. I prefer a nude shade in Summer time. Keep it natural.

Do you guys have any favorite Summer essentials or looks? Or anything I should try this year? Holler at your girl!



3 comments:

  1. Maybelline Great Lash Mascara, the one you have shown here, has won like 27 Allure Beauty awards as the best mascara to own!!! Great choice in the Mascara department! I have the same tube!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, I don`t know why anyone else even makes mascara. The pink & green is the best hahaa.

    I`m the same as you, super sweater! I live off bronze and blush too. I have found, if you put some shimmer powder on the sides of your nose near the inside corners of your eyes, then smear it from there to under your eyes, even the top of your cheekbone.. it makes you look so fresh and tan! The first time I wore it to work this summer everyone was like you look like you just went to the beach haha. Score (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on the bronzer! A girl definitely needs mascara! I always go with the Nude lipsticks/glosses too! I feel too made up with darker shades! I'm embarrassed to say I haven't tried the dry shampoo yet! I really have to though!

    ReplyDelete