Holly Days: Let's Get Real, v2

Holly Days has moved!!!

You should be automatically redirected in three seconds. If not, please visit us at
HTTP://WWW.OURHOLLYDAYS.COM
and update your bookmarks! Also, don't forget to become a follower again!

Monday, May 21, 2012

Let's Get Real, v2


Collin started preschool today. And I'm supposed to talk about the circle of life & how fast kids grow & all that, but I'm not going to.

Up until today, Collin's dad has been out of work. So when & if Collin needed daycare, it was one day here & there. Though, Collin did go to daycare for a few months when I first started at my company (at the time, his dad was working), but he has never had to go full time in almost a year.

I hate that he has to go. I hate that I can't be there with him to protect him & hold his hand & translate for him when he needs something. I know that I can't be there for everything. I know that he will be fine. I know he will probably end up loving it.

But right now? Right now, it sucks. I never thought Collin's dad & I would be divorced when we had him. I never thought he would have to split his time with us. I don't know, maybe I'm upset because I'm letting go of the future I saw for Collin. I'm sad for him sometimes. I know what it's like to have divorced parents & what it feels like to have to split time between them.

I'm sure most divorced people with kids say this, but Collin's dad & I actually have a pretty good relationship. We have never fought in front of him, we discuss everything together (J didn't meet Collin until I cleared it with Greg first) & we are able to get along & put our own issues aside to figure out what is best for Collin. I think we are really lucky in that aspect. And maybe so is Collin.

I think this is mostly normal. That most of us moms feel this way when we send our kids off to preschool. I think we sort of grieve over the fact that our baby isn't a baby anymore. He is a person. And we can't be there all of the time. And sometimes a bad thing could happen or he will fall & we won't be there to kiss it better. We know we are the best caretakers for our children, so to trust other people...is hard.

I'm just being all sad about him today. I miss him so much when I'm at work. I wish we could just have adventures & hang out everyday.

I know I'll be fine. I'll adjust to this. So will he.

But today? Today is for the ugly cry on the drive to work & for calling to check on him during my lunch break, secretly hoping he would be crying for me & then being both sad & elated to find out he has been doing just fine all day.


Link up your own Let's Get Real post here or at any of these other lovely ladies' blogs.



 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment